MAKE TIME FOR GOD
If you are too busy to be alone with the Lord, you are too busy. Food gives your body the sustenance it needs and the soul food that you devour during your quiet time gives you supernatural strength. Therefore, make the time to tap into God‘s power by making time for God
The elements of an effective quiet time with God:
1. Silence. Choose a time of day when you can be alone with no distractions. Set aside a definite hour for your quiet time, and make a commitment to stick to your daily schedule of prayer and meditation. Your quiet time may come late at night, or you may have to set your alarm clock and get up an hour earlier each day. Do whatever works best for you, so that you can give God your best – Silence will soon become a pleasant habit you look forward to each day.
2. Situate. Choose a place in your home to be your prayer place. It could be a walk-in closet, your kitchen table, or the living room. Go to the same place every day and put yourself in a place where you can be alone with God.
3. Study. The purpose of quiet time is to get to know God and His plan for your life. As a result, you cannot get to know Him unless you are regularly receiving from His Word. Find the Bible translation that is right for you, and do not be caught up in the “right way” to read (Genesis to Revelation, or random passages).
4. Honor. Give God the glory He deserves. In your quiet time, you are before the throne of the great I Am. Praise Him and glorify His name as the Spirit leads in prayer, song, or recitation of Bible verses, as you give honor to God.
5. Humble. Humbly seek God’s face. Bring all of your cares to Him for His answers and direction. Speak to God as you would to a loving father. Then, lay out your concerns. You do not need to clean yourself up to go to Jesus. He accepts you just as you are.
6. Heed. After you have poured out your concerns to God, be quiet and listen to that small inner voice. Since God is not the author of confusion, He will give you positive direction. Look for them as He speaks.
7. Exclaim. A Quiet time is a time of encouragement and rejuvenation. As you experience a greater closeness to God, and an answer to your prayers, share what you have learned about from God by sharing God’s Word with others.
- A Quick Word on…Micro Quiet Times (skyebryant.wordpress.com)
- Qt………..( Quiet Time) (mambei.wordpress.com)
- Gleaning Article Ideas from Your Quiet Time (plowingthefields.wordpress.com)
- Silence (redawakening.com)
- The Source of Quiet (womanandwordsmith.wordpress.com)
- Shhhhh…. (mom2momflorida.wordpress.com)
- Silence – Luxury Or Pilgrimage? (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Mommy Books and Quiet Time (enjoyingeachmoment.com)
- One Thing that Changed My Quiet Time (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Why I Like Quiet Time (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- Quiet Time (becominghisandmore.wordpress.com)
- Sitting and Receiving (wordservewatercooler.com)
- The Challenge – Week 1 (thejohn15life.wordpress.com)