So, if God knows all about himself, creation, and all of history: What does he know about the personal and often times hidden details of our lives? In Psalm 139, a description is recorded of what God knows about who we really are. The psalmist says that He is intimately acquainted with every detail of our lives. Many people will profess that they believe that God knows everything. However, when attitudes, behaviors, and motives are examined under the scrutiny of how God views the reality of our lives, it might be concluded that we really do not believe or maybe we really do not care what God thinks about what is happening today in our lives. Therefore, do we really believe that God has infinite knowledge and if we do what does he know about us?
He knows all our failures and still loves us. In Psalm 69:5 it says, “My sins, O God, are not hidden from you; you know how foolish I have been.” How embarrassing it is that God knows everything about us. The fact is, sometimes we want to forget the omniscience of God because it’s a little uncomfortable. It is painful for me to realize I don’t have any secrets from God. There are some things I’d rather God not know about me. But I don’t have any secrets and neither do you. God knows everything.
When we do something wrong, we try to hide our sins, sneak them past God, put them in the closet and lock the door but God knows what’s behind that locked door. Remember Adam, who when he sinned, ran away and hid– as if you can hide from God. When God came down walking through the Garden and asked, “Adam, where are you?” Was it that he did not know the answer already? No, but rather when God asks a question we must understand that it is never for information, never for His benefit. God knew exactly where Adam was. Adam needed to know where he was. Remember what God asked Cain, “Where’s your brother Abel?” Abel had been killed and He wanted Cain to admit it.
In Proverbs 5:21, it is recorded that “a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and He examines all his paths.” We always have an audience. Nothing can ever be said that is “off the record.” God is always watching, we are always on stage, there is no secret closet. Everything that is thought, everything seen, everything felt — God sees it all. He knows all about it.
That means this week when you were on your diet and you got up for one of those midnight refrigerator raids and you open the refrigerator or freezer and think, “Just one bite…” The devil has a line for us then. He says, “No one will ever know.” So we go ahead and do it and then, afterward he hits us with another question, “What if they find out?” “What if my parents find out about what I’ve been doing– My wife/husband—boss– IRS?” And worry sets in like a nagging case of indigestion. Unfortunately, we have already been found out. God knows and He’s the one who counts. Yes, he knows all of our faults and failures.
The truth is that God is not shocked by my sin. He’s already seen it. He saw it coming. When we confess to Him the things we’ve done wrong, He’s not shocked. He saw it coming: “I know, I understand. I know why it happened. I know why you ended up in that situation.” He understands our faults and our failures.
What should we do at this point? Just be honest with God. Just admit it. The Bible says, “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” Just admit that we are not fooling anybody. “You’re right God. I was wrong.” God knows everything about me. He already knows all I’ve done wrong and He still loves me. When I admit it to Him, it never changes the way He feels about me, because He already knows. He loves me and He loves me unconditionally. That means I don’t have to fake it, I don’t have to pretend.
Proverbs 28:13 tells us that, “Cover ups never work.” especially toward those who it counts most and that’s the Lord. God knows all my faults and failures.
- Confessing in Prayer (j4man.wordpress.com)
- Transition continues (gburnett.blogspot.com)
- Wanderer, Worshiper, Lover of Leaving (thbloom.wordpress.com)
- The duty and privilege of Sacramental Confession (thepracticingcatholic.wordpress.com)
- Happiness is Being Convicted (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- The Wise And The Scornful (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Messengers (commconn.wordpress.com)
- My God is an awesome God a whiny little bitch (atheistexperience.blogspot.com)
- I’m Not Ashamed. (logicandimagination.wordpress.com)
- A Newly Developed Language Decoder Reveals the Torah is the Lost Book of Thoth Who is Hebrew God Yhwh-Elohim (prweb.com)
- Book Of A Lifetime: Of Mice And Men, By John Steinbeck (independent.co.uk)
- Thoughts on home (talesofasojourner.wordpress.com)
- How I woke up for my religious dream (new.exchristian.net)
- The Pursuit Of A Godly Heart (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- It is Time To Turn Aside (brighthub.com)
- Abortion is a SIN!!!!!!! (nytegod45.wordpress.com)
- what the heart holds (gnayharas.wordpress.com)
- Receive Spiritual Wisdom from the Anointed Pages of Pastor’s Book (prweb.com)
- (12/2010) The Reality Of God (basilandspice.com)
- Don’t Forget God (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- Specific Prayers? (j4man.wordpress.com)
- Suffering, Time and God’s Omniscience (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Bible:Dash the Infants of Our Enemies Against the Rock! (trustinjesus.wordpress.com)
- My Rock and My Salvation (lovemeanyway.wordpress.com)
- To Bring in Everlasting Righteousness (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Drawing Close to God (lovemeanyway.wordpress.com)
- Dear God – By Children! (dickiehaha.wordpress.com)
- Pursuing Intimacy with God (evolvingletters.wordpress.com)
- Lent Psalm Reading 03.20: Psalm 43 (crcforward.wordpress.com)
- By My God I Can Leap Over A Wall (injesus.wordpress.com)
- Fratricide. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Death Reigns (christianholisticcenter.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs Chapter 2 The Rewards of Walking in the way of Wisdom III (blknack.wordpress.com)
- Lent Psalm Reading 03.21: Psalm 3 (crcforward.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness 2: a journey in self into self examination (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness journey continued (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- “First take the log out of your own eye” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- The Honesty of the Psalmist’s Prayers: A lesson for today (pneumaandlogos.com)
- Our feet need to keep moving (uphans7.wordpress.com)
- GOD SPEAKS: NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION 2 Cor.6:2. (oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- God, free will and omniscience (mimswell.wordpress.com)
- My strength, my song, my salvation (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- Genesis Chapter 4 Explained (anesotericview.wordpress.com)
- When ‘God’ Chooses Not to Reveal (pilgrimoutskirts.com)
- The Lord Up Holds You (ariseandshineservices.wordpress.com)
- Worship Wars: The Battle Over Preference (ptl2010.com)