Have you ever wondered what is God really like? The Bible says we can know God. In fact, God wants you to know Him. We cannot learn to trust God unless you first know God. The apostle Paul says that the goal of his life is to know Christ and the power of His resurrection One of the ways which we understand God is in terms of His infinite knowledge of our lives. In the book of Hebrews the writer speaks of the omniscience of God in this manner, “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare to Him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13). When describing the breadth of the knowledge of God, the psalmist says nothing in creation is hidden from God; “His understanding has no limit” (147:5).
What these verses are talking about, by theologians, is called the omniscience of God: meaning that– God knows everything. The assumption is formed by an understanding of scripture that there is no question He cannot answer, no problem that confuses Him. He’s never surprised. He’s never shocked. He never says, “Oh, really?” God knows everything, but how much is everything and what is the scope of his knowledge?
You don’t know all about yourself. That’s why you have a lot of problems because you don’t know all about yourself. I’m constantly surprising myself with the things I thought I could do that I can’t and by the things I thought I couldn’t do that I can. What happens to us in life is constantly a surprise because we really don’t know as much about ourselves as we think we do. However, God knows Himself and understands that He can do anything because His knowledge is infinite.
He knows about everything He has made. The Bible says that after God had finished making the world, He saw everything He had created and He said, “It is good” (Genesis 1:21). That’s an amazing statement — God saw everything: Every rock, every tree, every blade of grass, every fish, every bird, every animal, every star, every sand pebble. He saw everything. He was totally aware of everything that He created and He said, “It is good.” The Bible says that every time a sparrow falls to earth God notices. So God has infinite and personal knowledge about creation.
The scope of His knowledge encompasses all of history: He knows the past. He knows the present. He knows the future. He knows everything that has happened. He knows everything that is happening right now. He knows everything that will happen. And not only that, He knows everything that could have happened but didn’t and everything that can happen but won’t. He knows the scope of history from beginning to end.
- Suffering, Time and God’s Omniscience (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Being And Time (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Could An Omnipotent God Know It Is Omnipotent? (camelswithhammers.com)
- Prayer-full tragedy (new.exchristian.net)
- God’s soft white underbelly – Jeff Schweitzer – RichardDawkins.net (richarddawkins.net)
- (12/2010) The Reality Of God (basilandspice.com)
- Could An Omnipotent Being Prove It? (juliansanchez.com)
- My God is an awesome God a whiny little bitch (atheistexperience.blogspot.com)
- God’s Stance On Slavery (kcbrownstone.wordpress.com)
- P.Z. Myers on evidence for a God (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 10 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Are You Listening? (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- Can We See God? (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- Receive Spiritual Wisdom from the Anointed Pages of Pastor’s Book (prweb.com)
- When Will Christianity STOP Contradicting Itself? (gagman965.wordpress.com)
- Difining God (breadandsham.wordpress.com)
- The Art Of Questioning: How Healthy Skepticism Never Is. (faithtoreason.wordpress.com)
- Look What Happened to My Prayers! (weissministries.wordpress.com)
- repost: Why Free Will, Prayer and an Omnipotent God Are Mutually Exclusive (ghettoracer.wordpress.com)
- God’s Showing His Age. Is It Time for a Makeover? (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- A Logical Proof of God (insidetheatheistsstudio.com)
- examine (jnewnotes.wordpress.com)
- The Omniscience of God (yourloveisbetterthanlife.wordpress.com)
- God, free will and omniscience (mimswell.wordpress.com)
- Chad Docterman: Why the Christian God is Impossible (k1nsey6.com)
- Why Gods First Words to Adam Was A Lie (k1nsey6.com)
- Hebrews 10:17 Bible Verse of the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Do Angels Know Everything? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Your Gift Is Your Promotion (tcarterministries.com)
- Downloads An Unsettling God: The Heart of the Hebrew Bible e-book (nkaqhoa.typepad.com)
- Omniscience of God and Free Will of Man? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Do I have doubts? (ptl2010.com)
- The Bible a source of morality? You’re kidding! (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)